Farming over the last decade has become one of the most profitable industries, therefore, proper management of farms and agriculture is vital for an investor to capitalize on the overall appreciation of the asset. Farming today is more than just producing crops, it requires f to address profitability, fertility, conservation, and tax issues to name just a few.
Importance of a knowledgeable and professional farm manager is essential for maximizing the appreciation and income of investment farmland.
This two weeks course will teach you how to analyse, diagnose, and make decisions related to management of a farm business. The course relates to the management of all resources including, viable production, staffing, physical resources, and natural resources.
At the end of the Agriculture and Farm Management, you will be able to :
- Develop strategic planning methods for an agricultural business.
- Prepare a Farm Business Plan.
- Develop methods for assessing the operations of a Farm Business.
- Analyse the viability of different production enterprises: assessing profits, risk analysis, cost efficiency, quality standards, and financial records.
- Develop strategies for managing different farm production enterprises, covering workplace organization and crop scheduling.
- making policy decisions
- budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records
- organising sales and purchases of livestock, farm equipment, crops and agricultural products
- handling paperwork and keeping administrative records
- recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers
- Plan the management of human resources in a farm business covering: supervision, types of leadership/managers, orders & instruction, motivating employees, and recruitment.
- Develop methods for managing the physical resources of a farm business including managing equipment, machinery, and buildings.
- Develop methods for managing the natural resources of a farm business, covering topics: regulations & legislation, land care programs, erosion control, soil degradation, salinity, soil acidification, chemical residues, and compaction.
Agriculture and Farm Management Training course, is ideal for Anyone work in Farming and agriculture industry and want to improve there knowledge .