The scrutiny faced by the oil and gas industry has never been greater. While the industry still accounts for the majority of the world’s energy generation, opponents contest the use of such fossil fuels and such. Climate change and greenhouse gas emissions legislation, along with concern over the future of hydraulic fracturing, pose major problems to the oil and gas industry and with more households and businesses tightening their belts to make every penny count amidst an ongoing recession, oil and gas companies must address many of the same concerns.
Ultimately, the fact remains that without the industry, the lights would go out and our cars would stop running. That said, the industry is under incredible stress and the risk factors affecting it are complex. While many oil and gas companies have seen their own financials improve, the financial stability of partners, customers, vendors and suppliers remain top risk factors. This all means that the need to manage project risks effectively has never been of great importance to the industry as a whole.
This Project Risk Management in the Oil and Gas Industry training course provides a structured approach to managing project related risks that ensure value is protected, and most importantly, minimizes the chances of major events affecting not only the project but the organisation to the benefit of all.
At the end of the Project Risk Management in the Oil and Gas Industry, you will be able :
- To Comprehend the key roles, responsibilities and activities associated with project risk management.
- To Comprehend the human side of risk in terms of risk perception.
- To Comprehend the important challenges and lessons learned associated with oil and gas
- To Comprehend how the best method to apply appropriate tools and techniques to optimise risk management for your projects.
- To handle the changing nature of risk through a stage gated project process.
Project Risk Management in the Oil and Gas Industry training course , is ideal for :
- Project Management Team members
- Operations Managers
- Project Managers
- Oil and Gas Enterprise Architects
- Asset Managers
- Maintenance Managers
- Maintenance & Reliability Engineers
- Technical managers & supervisors
- Board level executives and non-executives
- Consultants in Project, Asset, Maintenance and Risk Management