Crude oil and petroleum products are considered among the world's most important resources. The fossil fuel industry has a pivotal role in driving the global economy. Crude oil and the petroleum products derived from it, plays an important part in the economic activity of all nations. Petroleum itself is used for numerous products, that include petrochemicals, medicines, cosmetics, and thousands of other products used in our daily lives, in addition to serving as the world's primary fuel source.
This GLOMACS training course is designed to provide you with a complete understanding of the financial and physical and markets for crude oil and petroleum products. The economic framework of the oil industry is studied in detail with a particular reference to economic slowdown caused by pandemics. In addition, as the oil industry faces challenges related, the impact of the shale industry as well as new regulations in curbing carbon emissions will be examined on the oil producing and consuming nations.
This GLOMACS training course will highlight:
- Crude & petroleum products physical trading
- Market price strategies
- Concepts in oil trading
- Petroleum products price setting mechanism
- Exchanges & futures trading
- Derivative products swaps and options
At the end of this GLOMACS training course, you will learn to:
- Review the different oil trading markets by type of transaction
- Review the different types of contracts: long term, spot and forward
- Understand how crude oil and petroleum products are traded
- Understand the pricing mechanism of crude oil and petroleum products
- Comprehend hedging techniques available for protection against fluctuations in prices
- Understand the principle of financial derivatives products like Swaps and Options
It is geared towards all personnel in the petroleum or associated industries needing to improve their knowledge and understanding of crude oil and petroleum product, trading, and pricing mechanisms.
This GLOMACS training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
All personnel in the petroleum or associated industries needing to improve their knowledge and understanding of crude oil and petroleum products trading and pricing mechanisms
- Petroleum economists
- Oil and Gas business students
- Energy industry journalists and reporters
- Businessmen and financiers
- Traders & Broker