Refinery operations are having to respond to low oil prices with the concomitant expectation of low petroleum product prices, whilst handling different crude feedstocks and meeting tighter environmental regulation.Therefore Refinery operations must optimise the yield of high-value petroleum products and make maximum use of the bottom of the barrel.
Advanced Refinery Process Yields Optimisation training course will present an overview of refining unit operations. It covers how the nature of the crude feedstock and the combination of these units in different refinery configurations affects process yields of the finished products generated from the crude oil feed.
Major refining processes are presented and discussed including feedstock, operating conditions, catalysts, yields, product properties, and economics. It also discusses how global demand and environmental issues are driving refinery configuration and optimisation and how the refineries are responding to this. It presents the fundamental understanding required to achieve the optimisation and touches on the software options to enable this.
At the end of the Advanced Refinery Process Yields Optimisation training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the complex nature of Refining and its operations
- Understand the drivers of the Petroleum Refining industry to maximise process fluid yields
- Appreciate the purpose and subtleties of all processes associated with the processing of petroleum into finished products
- Apply the learning to aid refinery scheduling and optimisation
- Appreciate the implications of different feedstocks on product quality and product range
Advanced Refinery Process Yields Optimisation training course, is ideal for:
- Process Engineers, Technologists, Operating and Supervisory personnel engaged in the refining activities who have a minimum of experience and who are required to understand and discuss issues related to their processes.
- Refinery scheduling staff, blending staff and crude oil buyers
- Engineering and operations personnel, this training course will also be suitable for business, sales, technical, and scientific personnel with limited or no broad refinery operating experience, along with Technical sales personnel.
- Those involved in selling equipment or supplies to the refining industry and those involved with economic evaluations of refinery operations will benefit from this training course